SUBMIT YOUR ART!
“Farm and Rural Life”
ART CALL : JURIED SHOW : FARM & RURAL LIFE
Open to all mediums and photography
For the month of September, we are going to step into the farm land that blankets our country. With most of Kansas and Missouri filled with farm land, we wanted to pay homage to the hardworking farmers and natural places in our country. I have heard many people and artists say, that going to the quiet of the country is a welcome escape or the place they feel most alive and free. For many it is nostalgic, bringing the viewer back to the area or farm that they grew up on. Spending time out in farm and rural areas brings us back to who we are – there is a calm quiet being a place where you can hear the wind, smell the clean air, listen to the birds, bugs and cows as they hum a melody of the land. And to just sit and reflect.
This show is a Juried Art Show. Our Juror is well known International Artist Anastacia Drake of Stroke of Red Studio. http://www.strokeofredstudio.com Anastacia is an internationally recognized fine art painter, unencumbered by formal instruction. Her recent work delves into the connectedness of the real and the abstract by creating a conversation between color and texture. She has exhibited and sold internationally. In addition, she has won several artist fellowships, residencies, and awards worldwide. She also has Happy Cow Paintings https://www.facebook.com/happycowpaintings/Happy Cow Paintings is original farmhouse paintings and decor created by Kansas artist Anastacia Drake. Anastacia has an amazing eye for great artwork and we are happy that she is joining us for this show.
*Open to all mediums and photography
*Representational Farm life – animals wild and domesticated, machinery, houses, barns, ponds, people and beyond
*Representational Rural life – scenes of prairies, mountains, lakes, back country roads, family life, night sky, prairie sky, sunrise, small towns and beyond
*Non Representational is allowed too – abstract representations of farm and rural life will be allowed as well.
*3 entries per artist : 15.00 per entry
*Deadline to Enter – July 31th
*Show will run for all artists selected, the month of September 2018
- Submit up to three pieces, any medium.
- 2D artwork cannot exceed 4ft x 5ft square feet overall.
- We do not accept copies or giclees of artwork, only originals. (Photography – we do accept prints and copies) (Artists may also provide prints or giclees of work to accompany originals)
- Must be 15 years of age to enter unless special permission
- $15 non refundable entry fee must be included with each entry, up to three per artist.
LIABILITY, SALES, REGARDING WORK SUBMITTED
- All reasonable care will be taken but insurance is responsibility of the artist
- Artist agrees to 25% donation to Paper Birch Landing upon any sales. Indicate clearly on form if Not For Sale
- If sold, piece can be removed from show and artist can replace with another of similar type and size.
Fill out the submission form and upload your image(s)