A juried art show is a competition in which artists work judged by a local Kansas City juror who is working in the arts. The juror specifically judges the participants efforts by a 5 question set criteria dependent upon the nature of the theme of the show. In a juried competition the artists compete against each other for inclusion in the show and representation by our gallery. All applicants know that entry does not always mean inclusion. Each juror selects the works that are deemed highest ranking in points value and that make a cohesive show overall.
A group show is a showing in which there is a call to art and all artwork (deemed appropriate for the gallery) is accepted, up to a certain amount of art pieces. Some shows will have artwork size requirements. Usually, a theme will accompany each show.
- Submit up to three pieces, any medium.
- 2D artwork cannot exceed 3ft by 4ft overall. We suggest small format and a price range under $1000
- 3D artwork cannot exceed 3 square feet at base or weigh over 50 lbs.
- We do not accept copies or giclees of artwork, only originals.
- We accept Photography
- Works can be NSF “Not for sale”
- Must be 15 to enter unless special permission
- $15 non refundable entry fee must be included with each entry, up to three per artist.
LIABILITY, SALES, REGARDING WORK SUBMITTED
- All reasonable care will be taken but insurance is responsibility of the artist
- Artist agrees to 25% donation to Paper Birch Landing upon any sales. Indicate clearly on form if Not For Sale
- If sold, piece can be removed from show and artist can replace with another of similar type and size.
Fill out the submission form and upload your image(s)